Wednesday 10 April 2013

Refreshment

Yesterday, Emma and I got out on our own for the first time without her daddy!  We went to a moms group at a local church with one of my friends. It was fabulous! There is a coffee shop in the bottom of the church where this group meets every Wednesday. It was so nice to get to meet the other moms--nationals and expats alike--to talk together and pray for each others needs. This might become a weekly time of refreshment for me as I've really been longing for some sense of community here. Two of the gals have babies within a week to 3 weeks of Emma's age. It was also nice to have a frappuccino that is icy and thick since most shake-drinks here are milk with flavoring in it and they call it a shake even though it is just flavored milk.

When we got back to our apartment, I decided to walk one lap around our buildings and ran into a family I've been trying to reconnect with since their daughter got married in December and moved with her husband to DC. They had their daughter long distance on the phone and let me talk to her as we walked to their apartment. She then got on Skype and was able to meet Emma. Unfortunately, Emma was exhausted from the moms outing so our visit was cut short by the savage need for feeding and bedtime, but my friend's mom was very understanding. I'm so thankful for great neighbors like this family!

It was a very refreshing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment