Monday 8 July 2013

Language - movin' on up!

July 27th amendment: Matt actually tested out of his language study with advanced-mid status! Praise the Lord!!!

So, we've moved into a new arena of language learning now. Matt has conversations with his tutor and they also read Bible stories from a children's book and watch short Pixar films and describe what happened in them. 

I have moved into drawing event stories from my life with stick figures, describing what is happening in the pictures to my tutor in the present tense and then she retells my story in the past tense. This is an example of what we will talk about today: my grandparents.


Happy news: we each went up one level in language learning! Me to intermediate-mid and Matt to intermediate-high. The man is just a few points shy of the coveted advanced level we are striving to attain! So proud of him!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment