Sunday 2 June 2013

Snow plowing

Snow plowing, as we refer to it, is a combination of the Marine crawl and the inch worm.  Usually, it involves pressing one's forehead to the ground as you alternately kick your feet so that your diaper side is in the air.  At the height that is most comfortable for the diaper side, you then stretch forward your arms rubbing your forehead along the ground, like the shovel of a snow plow.  When your tummy reaches the ground, you repeat the process.


This past week, Emma learned that she could combine snow plowing and rolling.  This can get her anywhere from 3-6 feet away from the starting point in seconds.  I have removed all semi-supervised on-the-bed playing privileges, and below is the story:

The middle of last week, I barricaded Emma with pillows in the center of the bed, and stepped away for less than a minute to fill her bath with water while she was on the bed.  When I returned, Emma had already plowed through the barricade and was holding onto the side of the bed with her feet on the ground, grinning from ear to ear.  Thank the Lord that she can bear weight on her legs!  I sat the bath down and hurriedly rushed to rescue her.  She looked at me as though to say, "What's the big deal, Mama?  I'm standing here fine.  How cool was that, let's do it again!" 

1 comment:

  1. Oh. I thought this post refers to the other snow plowing. But, oh well, I still learned something out of this post. :)
    Ed of HowardsNursery.com

    ReplyDelete