Tuesday 11 June 2013

Nice neighbors

I met two new neighbors this week so far!!! This is newsworthy because monsoon season came last week and it is cool enough to bring Emma out and mingle with other families who also are venturing out their doors. 

One lady is actually American and Indian but grew up in San Diego. She just moved here four days ago. She speaks English and Marathi. She has two kids who are elementary-age. 

The other lady is from our city, but grew up in Dubai. She is an Urdu-speaker. My co-worker who lives in our complex introduced me to her today. She is very hospitable and served us cake, hot potato chips (stove-style), and chai. She told me that we would become very good friends and that Emma soon would outgrow her shyness around she and her daughters. She has four daughters and a son. She is close to my age and her eldest will soon graduate from high school... So she was an early bride! She is so loving and I am so thankful for her friendship!

 I love it that God is granting me acquaintances and friends in such a short time after the hot-season was lifted!!! Praise Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment